Tuesday, May 11, 2010

DEAD SNOW

So I finally got a chance to watch this flick that I am always hearing rave reviews about. The verdict, so so. First the good things, the setting was awesome and so was the reference to April Fools Day. Some of the gore was awesome, like when one of the guys gets his head ripped in half, and the Zombie make up and their outfits were pretty good. The bad, well a lot of the effects were digital and they sucked, sorry but dismembers and cgi blood reek of sci-fi original. The story was about the Nazi Zombies wanting back the stolen gold the kids found, so not much there. I watched this movie twice once with my friend Sean, dubbed in english and once by myself in Norweigian with subs. I can honestly say it was like two complete different movies. The dubbed version was a lot more comedic in the actors tone while the subs made the movie more serious and overall more enjoyable. In closing, I would say if you like flicks like Evil Dead 2 and Dead Alive you could do worse. Just don't expect the quality and awesomeness of those movies and you will have some fun. Rating Dubbed version C with Subs. C+

1 comment:

Mummbles said...

Damn should have watched with subs, oh well. I also agree i rated it a C/C+ range.